Sunday, February 1, 2015

Galaxy CB Radio, Cobra CB Radio or Uniden CB Radio

  Galaxy CB Radio, Cobra CB Radio or Uniden CB Radio

  Galaxy CB Radio, Cobra CB Radio or Uniden CB Radio. I am trying to decide on which CB Radio I will buy and install in my new 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 truck. I have seen the Cobra CB Radios for as long as I can remember. In fact I still have my Cobra 135 23 channel base that has been expanded to 40 channels. I also have a Cobra 142 GTL base that I picked up at a garage sale. I have always favored the Cobra 148 GTL mobile CB Radio. I definitely want to make whatever I choose be a CB Radio with the SSB (single sideband) capability.


Cobra 148 GTL CB Radio
 
  • 40 AM Channel and 80 SSB Channels
  • 4 Watts AM, 12 Watts Power SSB is the maximum allowed by law
  • SWR Antenna Calibration for maximum performance
  • 3 Position Tone Control allows fine tuning of audio levels
  • 9 Foot Microphone Cord to easily reach any area within the vehicle
   My second choice is the Uniden Bearcat 880 with the color changing for the display. I have watched a few videos on this model and I have to say I am impressed with it. I really like the new modern look of the radio. It also has an abundance of excellent features. I also believe that technology has increased since the design of the Cobra CB Radios. That very well may be one of the factors that makes or has an impact on which CB Radio I choose. The price is not too bad for my budget. I have been reading the reviews on Amazon.com as well as some other CB Radio Dealers on the internet. At 4.4 out of 5 gold stars and 221 reviews there has to be something good going on.

Uniden Bearcat 880 SSB CB Radio

 
  • 7-Color Backlighting; Noise Cancelling Mic; Talkback; Radio Diagnostics; 6 Pin Noise Canceling Mic; Wireless Mic Compatible
  • Digital SRF / SWR Meter; Frequency Display; NOAA Weather; Squelch Control; ANL / Noise; Blanker; Memory Scan; RF Gain; Microphone Gain
  • Instant Channel 9/19 ; CB / PA; Channel Indicator; Includes 6 Pin to 4 Pin Adapter; Laser Etched Keys; Extra Long Mic Cord; Dimmer Switch Day / Night
  Now my third choice in the Mobile CB Radio category are the Galaxy CB Radios. I like the Galaxy DX-959 Mobile CB Radio. They have been around for awhile and always seem to be good sellers. They also have the features in a CB Radio that I look for. They have easy to use controls and the meters such as the Modulation, Power and SWR Meter are very easy to read. They also come equipped with a frequency meter on some of the CB Radio Models. I have noticed that the review numbers are not as high, but the gold star ratings are still very good. I have also seen some video on youtube and I liked what I saw.

Galaxy DX-959 SSB CB Radio


  • Large, easy-to-read meter with scales for power output, modulation, SWR and incoming signal
  • Five-digit frequency counter with large yellow digits , two-digit channel display with larger yellow digits, variable power output control, variable talkback circuit with on/off switch
  • Automatic SWR circuit and an SWR alert LED, Roger Beep with on/off switch
  • Variable dimmer control with push switch to turn off the meter lamp and display digits, 3-position tone switch for receive
  • Proprietary Galaxy Noise Filter (GNF) Circuit reduces noise to aid in the recovery of weak SSB signals
  I guess I will have to wait for the warm weather here in Rochester New York before I go installing anything in or on the truck. If you have an interest in a different model CB Radio check out this link CB Radios or you can check out the Amazon Store below the posts.
  Thank You for reading and all comments are always welcome.

CB Radio Beam Antennas

CB Video Bar

Loading...