Galaxy CB Radio, Cobra CB Radio or Uniden CB Radio. I am trying to decide on which CB Radio I will buy and install in my new 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 truck. I have seen the Cobra CB Radios for as long as I can remember. In fact I still have my Cobra 135 23 channel base that has been expanded to 40 channels. I also have a Cobra 142 GTL base that I picked up at a garage sale. I have always favored the Cobra 148 GTL mobile CB Radio. I definitely want to make whatever I choose be a CB Radio with the SSB (single sideband) capability.
|Cobra 148 GTL CB Radio|
|Uniden Bearcat 880 SSB CB Radio|
- 7-Color Backlighting; Noise Cancelling Mic; Talkback; Radio Diagnostics; 6 Pin Noise Canceling Mic; Wireless Mic Compatible
- Digital SRF / SWR Meter; Frequency Display; NOAA Weather; Squelch Control; ANL / Noise; Blanker; Memory Scan; RF Gain; Microphone Gain
- Instant Channel 9/19 ; CB / PA; Channel Indicator; Includes 6 Pin to 4 Pin Adapter; Laser Etched Keys; Extra Long Mic Cord; Dimmer Switch Day / Night
|Galaxy DX-959 SSB CB Radio|
- Large, easy-to-read meter with scales for power output, modulation, SWR and incoming signal
- Five-digit frequency counter with large yellow digits , two-digit channel display with larger yellow digits, variable power output control, variable talkback circuit with on/off switch
- Automatic SWR circuit and an SWR alert LED, Roger Beep with on/off switch
- Variable dimmer control with push switch to turn off the meter lamp and display digits, 3-position tone switch for receive
- Proprietary Galaxy Noise Filter (GNF) Circuit reduces noise to aid in the recovery of weak SSB signals
Thank You for reading and all comments are always welcome.