Saturday, June 25, 2016

Breaker Breaker 19



 I think this is one of the most common catch phrases I have heard for years. Of course having my mobile cd radio in my first car at 18 years old did not help. I used that cb radio all the time when going on road trips to find out what was going on up ahead.
 Even on my base cb radio I would venture to channel 19 to see if anyone needed any help. There was always someone needing a radio check or help finding some place they are going. You see back then we did not have the gps systems in our cars or access to the internet. No we relied on each other to help one another out in times of crisis. That is what I remember most about the cb radio as well as all the fun I had chatting with neighbors and friends on the cb radio.
 I know that I hear many Ham Radio Operators putting down cb radio operators. Sometimes I think they forget that is where they started from. I feel that I am very fortunate to be a Ham Radio Operator with my General License, but I remember that I got my start in cb radio or as we Hams call it 11 Meters. So make sure to put out a good image as a cb radio operator and gain the respect of others.

CB Radio Beam Antennas

CB Video Bar

Loading...