Sunday, January 15, 2017

Mobile CB Radio


http://amzn.to/2izCU3V
Click Me To Learn More
 Well I am thinking about installing a new mobile cb radio in my gmc sierra pick up truck. The problem is which cb radio should I choose. There are basically two choices first to make. These would be do I want just a AM 40 channel radio or do I want to include single sideband (ssb). I do have a nice texas ranger ssb base at home. I don't think anyone besides me will be talking on it. In the future I would like to add a Ham Radio in the truck since I have my General Ham Radio License. Oh what a dilemma I have on my hands.
 The next part of the equation is how much money is in the budget. This will definitely determine which cb radios I choose from. I have always had a preference for the cobra 148gtl ssb radio, but I have taken a fancy to some of the uniden cb radios. I also like the galaxy cb radios, but they seem to be a little too expensive. I have seen some 40 channel radios that are very small in size, but do have some excellent reviews on amazon. There just are so many excellent cb radios to choose from.
 The other choices I have to make are how am I going to mount my cb radio antenna. I could go with a magnet mount on top of the pick up truck. Then again I have seen some mounts for the bed rail that are doing very well in the ratings. I have always had a fear that the magnet mount will mess up the paint. I think it may be the bed rail mount for me.
 Okay and finally what cb radio antenna should I choose. Maybe a nice K40 CB Antenna. I won't have to buy one as I do have some at my house. I have my fiberglass 102 inch whip, trucker cb antenna and some k40 fiberglass antennas that have always done a nice job and were easy to adjust the swr. I think I may just go with a bigger k40 cb antenna and see how it goes. If I change my mind I can easily unscrew it from the mount. If I have the money in the future and change my mind about a magnet mount I may go for a k40 or wilson cb antenna. They have always been good in the past and do an excellent job. I also like the fact that I can remove the antenna with a twist and put it inside the truck for safe keeping.

CB Radio Beam Antennas

CB Video Bar

Loading...